Technological innovation is widely recognized as a key driver of economic growth. Today’s developments in the design and deployment of digital technologies make no exception, helping humans reach new heights of productivity and efficiency. Given the actual context driven by the economic recovery, the role of technology grows even further: building a more sustainable and resilient future should be a top priority at the global scale.
While Europe’s recovery is deeply linked to macroeconomic policies and reforms, there is consensus on the critical role of digital technologies and the need to foster green growth. The EU plans to harness the opportunities brought by digital transformation are commonly referred to as Europe’s “digital transition”. Strategic documents such as the Digital Decade Communication and the subsequent Path to the Digital Decade Decision proposal articulate its vision and commitments for the following years.
To elaborate on this, Europuls – Centre of European Expertise, in partnership with UiPath, hosted the online event ‘Automation for Sustainable and Durable Growth’ on November 28, 2022, 10.00 – 12.00 CET.
The first panel aims to facilitate a conversation with decision-makers and EU-level experts. It will focus on the EU’s plans, strategies, and initiatives to harness the opportunities brought by digital transformation, commonly referred to as Europe’s “digital transition.”
In this panel we will have the honor of listening to the following speakers:
- H.E. Clara Staicu – Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Representation of Romania to the European Union
- Dragoș Tudorache – Member of the European Parliament
- Margareta Mucibabici – Public Affairs & Social Impact Director, UiPath
- Moderator: Tana Alexandra Foarfa – Director, Europuls – Center of European Expertise
The second part of the debate focuses on the launch of the white paper prepared by the Europuls experts in digital affairs that analyzes the role of automation in driving digital transformation and makes recommendations for the future. The researchers that created the whitepaper will take the floor and lead the discussion about how to meet the targets proposed by the strategic documents and how can we integrate automatization in our lives:
- Irina Buzu – International research fellow on emerging technologies at Europuls
- Davor Ljubenkov – International research fellow on emerging technologies at Europuls
- Dalia Alic – International research fellow on emerging technologies at Europuls
- Valeria Dima – Affiliated expert on cybersecurity for Europuls (Guest Speaker)
Moderator: Maria Francesca Cristea – Head of Policy and Programs, Europuls – Centre for European Expertise.